The EPA's carbon pollution limit for new power plants is a critical part of President Obama's climate plan. Support Obama's climate plan and urge the EPA to support a limit on carbon pollution!
NRDC is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of 1.4 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of more than 350 lawyers, scientists and other professionals.
The New York Times calls us "One of the nation's most powerful environmental groups." The National Journal says we're "A credible and forceful advocate for stringent environmental protection."
Our dedicated staff work with businesses, elected leaders, and community groups on the biggest issues we face today. Our priorities include:
Take Action Now!
What the Experts Are Saying
- "The Better Business Bureau reports that NRDC meets its highest standards for accountability and use of donor funds."
- —The Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau
- "One of America's 100 Best Charities…. Even by environmentalist standards, this is a relentless group of lawyers and scientists."
- —Worth Magazine
- "One of the nation's most powerful environmental groups."
- —The New York Times
- "NRDC is, by many accounts, the most effective lobbying and litigating group on environmental issues."
- —The Wall Street Journal
- "NRDC's lawyers are said by eco-observers to know more about environmental law than the government does."
- —U.S. News & World Report
See For Yourself
To safeguard the Earth: its people, its plants and animals and the natural systems on which all life depends.
In 2010, NRDC marked its 40th anniversary. Four decades is a powerful testament to NRDC's staying power, but what is more extraordinary is what we have accomplished in that time. Our work has made the air safer, water cleaner, and landscapes better protected.
Detailed Financial Reporting
America's dependence on fossil fuels threatens our national security and is a major contributor to global warming and toxic air pollution. By investing in renewable energy sources such as the sun, wind and biomass, we can help solve the energy and climate crises. Read More
Where we work
We're headquartered in New York City, and have offices in:
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.