What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Make a promise to protect clean air.
Nearly 37 million children live in areas with unhealthy polluted air, and many pollution- associated illnesses have been on the rise. Yet polluters and their allies in Congress have been fighting efforts to reduce toxic industrial pollution and are trying to weaken existing clean air protections.
That's why NRDC has joined other public health, advocacy and environmental organizations in the "Clean Air Promise," a national campaign to protect the health of children and families across the country from dangerous air pollution. As part of this campaign, we will be asking elected officials, and later corporate and industry leaders, to promise to support clean air protections.
last revised 12/2/2010
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- New poll: Marcellus region voters prioritize forest conservation over natural gas development
- posted by Amy Mall, 12/4/13
- Read My Lips: No Tax Credit Polluter Havens
- posted by Dave Hawkins, 11/23/13
- House Republicans Mount Transparently Political Attack on Health & Environmental Safeguards
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/13/13
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our air on the NRDC blog.
Recent Clean Air Act Posts
- ALEC preparing attacks on EPA carbon pollution standards
- posted by Aliya Haq, 12/3/13
- 41 leading scientists call on EPA to protect our forests and climate
- posted by Sasha Lyutse, 11/27/13
- Young people to EPA: #ActOnClimate
- posted by Robert Friedman, 11/22/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.