What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Make a promise to protect clean air.
Nearly 37 million children live in areas with unhealthy polluted air, and many pollution- associated illnesses have been on the rise. Yet polluters and their allies in Congress have been fighting efforts to reduce toxic industrial pollution and are trying to weaken existing clean air protections.
That's why NRDC has joined other public health, advocacy and environmental organizations in the "Clean Air Promise," a national campaign to protect the health of children and families across the country from dangerous air pollution. As part of this campaign, we will be asking elected officials, and later corporate and industry leaders, to promise to support clean air protections.
last revised 12/2/2010
Get Updates and Alerts
- New scorecard reveals polluter attacks against renewable energy
- posted by Aliya Haq, 7/28/15
- #CoalFreeOakland: Californians Rally for Protection from Carbon Pollution
- posted by Tiffany Traynum, 7/23/15
- Illinois 5th District Town Halls Show Support for Clean Energy Jobs
- posted by Hannah Girardeau, 5/15/15
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our air on the NRDC blog.
Recent Clean Air Act Posts
- Clean Power Plan Foes Batting 0 for 6 in the Courts
- posted by David Doniger, 7/22/15
- Breaking More Climate Records
- posted by Antonia Herzog, 7/21/15
- It's a SNAP: EPA Cuts HFC Super-Pollutants to Curb Dangerous Climate Change
- posted by David Doniger, 7/2/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.