What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Make a promise to protect clean air.
Nearly 37 million children live in areas with unhealthy polluted air, and many pollution- associated illnesses have been on the rise. Yet polluters and their allies in Congress have been fighting efforts to reduce toxic industrial pollution and are trying to weaken existing clean air protections.
That's why NRDC has joined other public health, advocacy and environmental organizations in the "Clean Air Promise," a national campaign to protect the health of children and families across the country from dangerous air pollution. As part of this campaign, we will be asking elected officials, and later corporate and industry leaders, to promise to support clean air protections.
last revised 12/2/2010
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Latin America Green News: Fire ravages Chile's Patagonia, scoring Costa Rica's beaches, and new project proposed near Mexico's Cabo Pulmo reserve
- posted by Denée Reaves, 3/28/14
- Port of Long Beach to test promising technology to reduce ship emissions
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 3/19/14
- The "Three Amigos" Get it Right by Pledging to Work on Transportation and Climate at the North American Leaders Summit
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 2/20/14
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our air on the NRDC blog.
Recent Clean Air Act Posts
- EPA Gets Started on Curbing Heat-Trapping Methane from Oil and Gas Operations
- posted by David Doniger, 4/15/14
- Coal Lobby Funded Study Shows Carbon Pollution Standards are Cost Effective
- posted by Dan Lashof, 3/26/14
- Cleaner and Cheaper: New NRDC Analysis Shows More Options and Deeper Cuts in Carbon Pollution at Lower Cost Possible Under EPA Power Plant Standards
- posted by Dan Lashof, 3/20/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.