Toward a Clean Energy Future in China
In-depth policy papers and analyses from NRDC's China clean energy project.
Clean energy is a cornerstone of China's future -- sustainable energy development will bring tremendous social, economic and environmental benefits to the people of the world's largest nation. This index collects policy papers and other technical documents from NRDC's clean-energy experts.
Demand-Side Management in China (pdf, 519 k)
Benefits, barriers, and policy recommendations regarding implementation of DSM programs to help reduce China's energy intensity (energy consumed per unit of GDP).
Fuel Cell Vehicle Development in China (pdf, 71 k)
With foresight and careful planning, China could benefit immensely from fuel cell technology.
Taming the Dragon Heads (pdf, 231 k)
Controlling air emissions from power plants in China -- an analysis of china's air pollution policy and regulatory framework.
Transforming Chinese Buildings (pdf, 844 k)
A broad array of policy and programmatic tools that will help improve the energy efficiency and environmental performance of Chinese buildings.
last revised 9/29/2004
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.