Creating the California Cleantech Cluster
How Innovation and Investment Can Promote Job Growth and a Healthy Environment
Cleantech is a relatively new industry that uses innovative technology to create economically compelling, environmentally friendly products and services -- everything from alternative energy generation and wastewater treatment to "green" consumer products. This September 2004 paper by NRDC and Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2) demonstrates that a cleantech cluster can be a major driver for investments and job growth in California. It offers concrete recommendations for making California a leading center for the cleantech industry.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1: The Cleantech Industry: An Engine for High Quality Job Growth
2: California: The Future Center of the Cleantech Industry?
3: Policy + Cleantech + Finance = Jobs
4: Public Policy: A Critical Driver for the Cleantech Industry
5: Cleantech-Related Initiatives in Other States
6: Recommendations: a Cleantech Prescription for California
last revised 9/9/2004
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.