Premature Mortality Due to Particulate Air Pollution in 239 American Cities
Top of Report
GRAND RAPIDS, MI
This table provides summary information for Metropolitan Statistical Area 3000, GRAND RAPIDS, MI. The table also provides detailed information on PM-10 concentrations reported at individual monitoring stations within the MSA.
A glossary provides an explanation of key terms reported in the MSA tables.
|1990-1994 Average Annual Mean:||26.0|
|Rank by PM-10 Concentration:||129||of 239|
|Mortality Attributable to Air Pollution|
|Risk Ratio for Cardiopulmonary Mortality:||1.08|
|Adult Cardiopulmonary Attributable Deaths:||166||(98-230)|
|Attributable Deaths per 100,000 Population:||28|
|Rank by Number of Attributable Deaths:||84||of 239|
|Rank Attributable Death Rate:||138||of 239|
|Mortality (1989 data)|
|Adult Cardiopulmonary Deaths:||2,371|
|Auto Accident Deaths:||123|
|Population (1980 data)|
|Counties Assigned to MSA|
|Kent Co, MI|
|Ottawa Co, MI|
(State, County, City, Address)
|1179 MONROE NW||26.0||174||1992||5|
|National Ambient Air Quality Standards:||50||150|
|California Ambient Air Quality Standards:||30||50|
|NRDC Recommended Standards:||17||33|
|All PM-10 concentrations are reported in (ug/m³).|
|Bold designates PM-10 Hotspots, individual monitoring stations among the top 50 annual mean concentrations in the U. S. (There were none in this MSA.)|
|Italic designates PM-10 Hotspots, individual monitoring stations among the top 50 24-hour concentrations in the U. S. in 1994. (There were none in this MSA.)|
|Peak 24-hour PM-10 concentration reported is the highest value of the 2nd highest 24-hour concentration reported during a year for which data is available.|
|Metropolitan Statistical Areas are as defined by the Office of Management and Budget for 1980, except for New England, where areas are New England County Metropolitan Areas.|
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- New poll: Marcellus region voters prioritize forest conservation over natural gas development
- posted by Amy Mall, 12/4/13
- Read My Lips: No Tax Credit Polluter Havens
- posted by Dave Hawkins, 11/23/13
- House Republicans Mount Transparently Political Attack on Health & Environmental Safeguards
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/13/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.