Premature Mortality Due to Particulate Air Pollution in 239 American Cities
Top of Report
This table provides summary information for Metropolitan Statistical Area 3200, HAMILTON-MIDDLETOWN, OH. The table also provides detailed information on PM-10 concentrations reported at individual monitoring stations within the MSA.
A glossary provides an explanation of key terms reported in the MSA tables.
|1990-1994 Average Annual Mean:||31.3|
|Rank by PM-10 Concentration:||47||of 239|
|Mortality Attributable to Air Pollution|
|Risk Ratio for Cardiopulmonary Mortality:||1.11|
|Adult Cardiopulmonary Attributable Deaths:||116||(69-160)|
|Attributable Deaths per 100,000 Population:||45|
|Rank by Number of Attributable Deaths:||112||of 239|
|Rank Attributable Death Rate:||48||of 239|
|Mortality (1989 data)|
|Adult Cardiopulmonary Deaths:||1,137|
|Auto Accident Deaths:||51|
|Population (1980 data)|
|Counties Assigned to MSA|
|Butler Co, OH|
(State, County, City, Address)
|1830 YANKEE RD., MIDDLETOWN, OHIO 45044||29.6||70||1993||3|
|2901 YANKEE RD., MIDDLETOWN, OHIO 45044||35.4||84||1991||4|
|3901 LEFFERSON, MIDDLETOWN||32.0||87||1991||4|
|BONITA & ST JOHN||27.6||76||1990||4|
|National Ambient Air Quality Standards:||50||150|
|California Ambient Air Quality Standards:||30||50|
|NRDC Recommended Standards:||17||33|
|All PM-10 concentrations are reported in (ug/m³).|
|Bold designates PM-10 Hotspots, individual monitoring stations among the top 50 annual mean concentrations in the U. S. (There were none in this MSA.)|
|Italic designates PM-10 Hotspots, individual monitoring stations among the top 50 24-hour concentrations in the U. S. in 1994. (There were none in this MSA.)|
|Peak 24-hour PM-10 concentration reported is the highest value of the 2nd highest 24-hour concentration reported during a year for which data is available.|
|Metropolitan Statistical Areas are as defined by the Office of Management and Budget for 1980, except for New England, where areas are New England County Metropolitan Areas.|
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Air Quality in Latin America: High Levels of Pollution Require Strong Government Action
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 4/29/13
- Latin America Green News: Chile's Pascua Lama faces permanent suspension, Costa Rica readies for Obama, Mexico needs cleaner air, and Central America at risk from climate change
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 4/26/13
- What makes an entire family all of a sudden need asthma medications?
- posted by Amy Mall, 4/4/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.