Premature Mortality Due to Particulate Air Pollution in 239 American Cities
Top of Report
This table provides summary information for Metropolitan Statistical Area 4240, LEWISTON-AUBURN, ME. The table also provides detailed information on PM-10 concentrations reported at individual monitoring stations within the MSA.
A glossary provides an explanation of key terms reported in the MSA tables.
|1990-1994 Average Annual Mean:||24.3|
|Rank by PM-10 Concentration:||155||of 239|
|Mortality Attributable to Air Pollution|
|Risk Ratio for Cardiopulmonary Mortality:||1.06|
|Adult Cardiopulmonary Attributable Deaths:||33||(19-46)|
|Attributable Deaths per 100,000 Population:||33|
|Rank by Number of Attributable Deaths:||197||of 239|
|Rank Attributable Death Rate:||102||of 239|
|Mortality (1989 data)|
|Adult Cardiopulmonary Deaths:||550|
|Auto Accident Deaths:||20|
|Population (1980 data)|
|Counties Assigned to MSA|
|Androscoggin Co, ME|
(State, County, City, Address)
|COUNTRY KITCHEN LOT-CANAL ST||24.3||68||1993||5|
|National Ambient Air Quality Standards:||50||150|
|California Ambient Air Quality Standards:||30||50|
|NRDC Recommended Standards:||17||33|
|All PM-10 concentrations are reported in (ug/m³).|
|Bold designates PM-10 Hotspots, individual monitoring stations among the top 50 annual mean concentrations in the U. S. (There were none in this MSA.)|
|Italic designates PM-10 Hotspots, individual monitoring stations among the top 50 24-hour concentrations in the U. S. in 1994. (There were none in this MSA.)|
|Peak 24-hour PM-10 concentration reported is the highest value of the 2nd highest 24-hour concentration reported during a year for which data is available.|
|Metropolitan Statistical Areas are as defined by the Office of Management and Budget for 1980, except for New England, where areas are New England County Metropolitan Areas.|
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- GOP's Budget Plan is Full of Giveaways to Big Polluters
- posted by Scott Slesinger, 3/17/15
- New poll: most scientists oppose increased fracking
- posted by Amy Mall, 2/6/15
- Reducing Black Carbon Emissions is a Win-Win for Public Health and Climate in Latin America
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 12/5/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.