Premature Mortality Due to Particulate Air Pollution in 239 American Cities
Top of Report
Top 50 MSA's Ranked by PM-10 Concentration
This table considers Metropolitan Statistical Areas ranked by average annual mean PM-10 concentration and identifies the top 50 MSA's of the 239 MSA's for which we have data. The higher the PM-10 concentration, the greater the risk of premature mortality from heart and lung disease.
The PM-10 concentration reported is the average of the annual mean concentration of PM-10 reported at all official monitoring stations within an MSA over the five year period, 1990 through 1994.
Metropolitan Statistical Areas are as defined by the Office of Management and Budget for 1980, except for New England, where areas are New England County Metropolitan Areas.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- New poll: Marcellus region voters prioritize forest conservation over natural gas development
- posted by Amy Mall, 12/4/13
- Read My Lips: No Tax Credit Polluter Havens
- posted by Dave Hawkins, 11/23/13
- House Republicans Mount Transparently Political Attack on Health & Environmental Safeguards
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/13/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.