Exhausted by Diesel
How America's Dependence on Diesel Engines Threatens Our Health
Principal Authors and Researchers
Gina M. Solomon, M.D., M.P.H.
Todd R. Campbell, M.E.S., M.P.P.
Gail Ruderman Feuer
Janet S. Hathaway
Richard A. Kassel
Editorial Assistance and Electronic Assembly
Gail de Rita
Cover Design and Production Assistance
NRDC wishes to thank Environment Now and the Higgins family whose support made this report and the continuation of our California Dump Dirty Diesel Campaign possible. As with all of our work, the support of NRDC's 350,000 members was invaluable to completion of this project.
We would like to particularly thank the reviewers of this manuscript, including Dale Hattis, Ph.D.; Mary Nichols; Jason Mark, M.A.; Lawrie Mott, M.S.; and Charlotte Pera, M.S.
About The Coalition for Clean Air
The Coalition for Clean Air is the leading environmental organization dedicated exclusively to restoring clean, healthy air to Southern California and has a long history of working with regulatory agencies in support of responsible, innovative, and effective air quality improvement programs. The Coalition continues to work on the development and implementation of advanced transportation technologies.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.