Green Living: Green Living Guides
A smart paper program -- practices that help your company conserve, recycle and buy environmentally preferable paper -- is good for business and the environment. But how do you really make it happen in your office? First, use this memo to get senior management on board. Then, get your staff involved and invested in developing a plan that works for your business by creating a Smart Paper Team representing various units of your organization.
The Smart Paper Team should:
Your Smart Paper Team knows your office. They can use the documents in this toolkit to help design a smart paper program that's customized to your workplace.
Sample Memo Re: Developing a Smart Paper Plan (Microsoft Word)
Office Paper Use Questionnaire (Microsoft Word)
Paper Reduction Worksheet (Excel)
NRDC's Smart Paper Office Practices (PDF)
Sample Paper Procurement Policy (PDF)
Paper Supply Verification Form (Microsoft Word)
last revised 9.19.06
Get Updates and Alerts
Subscribe to This Green Life
- Get Your Green Life Delivered
- To have our monthly journal on living sustainably sent to you by email, subscribe to our mailing list.
- How to Clean Up Our Water
- Twelve simple actions to clean up and conserve our waters.
- Seafood Specials: Great Recipes that Help Save Oceans
- Recipes to serve a healthy, feel-good seafood meal.
- How to Reduce Your Energy Consumption
- Make energy-efficient choices and save money without giving up the comforts of home.
- Organic Food 101
- What exactly is organic food, and what are its advantages for farmers and the public?