In Depth Articles
See the NRDC Policy Solutions section for more expert analysis of environmental issues. You may also wish to view the working materials in the NRDC Document Bank
- California’s New Recycling Goal is a Green Jobs Creator
- California already leads the nation in green jobs creation, and increasing recycling and the industry that supports it will create even more jobs.
- Trash Landings
- The U.S. airline industry discards enough aluminum cans each year to build 58 Boeing 747 airplanes, along with thousands of tons of plastics, magazines and newspapers. All of this waste represents unrealized potential for airlines and airports to save money, reduce global warming pollution and improve efficiency.
- Recycling Returns
- After suspending glass and plastic recycling in the summer of 2002 due to record budget deficits, New York City has restored its full recycling program. This April 2004 NRDC report, shaped by a steering committee of representatives from 10 environmental and consumer groups, recommends strategies to make recycling more economically stable, while helping to expand New York's recycling program.
- Too Good To Throw Away
- A report detailing the environmental benefits of recycling and addressing the claims of a small but vocal chorus of special interests that have tried to cast doubt on its value.