Environmental Issues: Air
All Documents in Air Tagged lead
- Get the Lead Out
- Children across the nation face the risk of lead poisoning, but steps can be taken to protect them.
Documents Tagged lead in All Sections
- Testimony of Mae Wu on Water Quality in the District of Columbia
- NRDC's Mae Wu testified before the Council of the Distrcit of Columbia Committee on Government Operations and the Environment and the Committee on Public Works and Transportation on February 10, 2009, discussing water quality and lead levels in drinking water in the District of Columbia. Get document in pdf.
- Dangerous Chemicals in the Home
A Most-Wanted list of five common household contaminants.
- We all want our homes to be clean, safe places to live but toxic invaders may lurk inside your home, putting you and your family at risk. Here are five household pollutants to watch out for, and tips on how to minimize your exposure.
- Hidden Danger
Environmental Health Threats to the Latino Community
- Pollution poses health risks for everyone, regardless of race, ethnicity, language, or country of origin. A large percentage of U.S. Latinos, however, live and work in urban and agricultural areas where they face heightened danger of exposure to air pollution, unsafe drinking water, pesticides, and lead and mercury contamination. This October 2004 report underscores the urgent need for government action on these environmental health threats.
- How Lead Poisons the Human Body
- Lead is devastating to the human body, inhibiting oxygen and calcium transport and altering nerve transmission in the brain. Even low concentrations of lead can cause permanent damage, and children are especially vulnerable.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Latin America Green News: Fire ravages Chile's Patagonia, scoring Costa Rica's beaches, and new project proposed near Mexico's Cabo Pulmo reserve
- posted by Denée Reaves, 3/28/14
- Port of Long Beach to test promising technology to reduce ship emissions
- posted by Morgan Wyenn, 3/19/14
- The "Three Amigos" Get it Right by Pledging to Work on Transportation and Climate at the North American Leaders Summit
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 2/20/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.