Environmental Issues: Air
All Documents in Air Tagged California
- Cleaning Up Southern California's Air
NRDC's Work at Southern California's Ports
- The Los Angeles region is home to the largest port complex in the nation, which relies on diesel-powered ships, trains, and trucks to sustain its operations, and adds smog and diesel particulate matter pollution to the region's air. NRDC's Southern California office has developed practical solutions to help ameliorate Los Angeles' air pollution problem that can be applied nationally and internationally.
- The California Dump Dirty Diesels Campaign
- Since 1990, NRDC's advocacy victories have brought about a 56 percent reduction in diesel soot emissions in California. While we have made great strides overall in protecting health and the environment in California, toxic hotspots such as ports, rail yards, and major freeways continue to present a serious risk for many of our communities.
Documents Tagged California in All Sections
- Tackling Water Scarcity
Five Southern California Water Agencies Lead the Way to a More Sustainable Tomorrow
- Water scarcity has long been a fact of life across much of the southwestern United States. Changing climate patterns, growing populations, and over-tapped aquifer and river systems call for bold strategies to meet water supply needs for this region.
- NRDC Support for SB 147
- On April 4, 2011, Sarah Janssen and Victoria Rome of Natural Resources Defense Council sent a letter to Senator Curren Price, Chair of the California State Senate's Business, Professions, and Economic Development Committee, in support of SB 147 -- the Consumer Choice Fire Safety Act. Get document in pdf.
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen for California's SB 772
- On July 7, 2009, Sarah Janssen, senior scientist at Natural Resources Defense Council, testified for SB 772 before the California Assembly Committee on Health. The bill would have banned the use of certain flame retardants in children's products. Get document in pdf.
- Testimony of Dr. Sarah Janssen on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard
- On July 23, 2012, Sarah Janssen, senior scientist at Natural Resources Defense Council, testified before California's Department of Consumer Affairs in Sacramento where a public workshop was held on TB 117, the Upholstered Furniture Flammability Standard. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Air Quality in Latin America: High Levels of Pollution Require Strong Government Action
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 4/29/13
- Latin America Green News: Chile's Pascua Lama faces permanent suspension, Costa Rica readies for Obama, Mexico needs cleaner air, and Central America at risk from climate change
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 4/26/13
- What makes an entire family all of a sudden need asthma medications?
- posted by Amy Mall, 4/4/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.