Environmental Issues: Air
All Documents in Air Tagged electric utilities
- Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the U.S., 2015
- The Benchmarking project uses public data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States, and discusses market trends affecting the electric generating sector, including trends in fuel prices, technology developments, and environmental regulations.
Documents Tagged electric utilities in All Sections
- Contaminated Coal Waste
Power plants produce about 130 million tons of contaminated waste every year, and the federal government has failed to regulate it
- Across the nation, coal-fired power plants aren't just polluting our skies and water. Each year, they generate millions of tons of waste contaminated with toxic metals -- more than two-thirds of which is dumped into landfills, storage ponds or old mines or otherwise stored somewhere, just waiting for disaster to strike.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- What We've Learned from the VW Diesel Scandal
- posted by Roland Hwang, 9/29/15
- Global study shows deteriorating air quality in India and other vulnerable regions
- posted by Ariel Cooper, 8/26/15
- New scorecard reveals polluter attacks against renewable energy
- posted by Aliya Haq, 7/28/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.