Environmental Issues: Air
All Documents in Air Tagged ports
- Cleaning Up Southern California's Air
NRDC's Work at Southern California's Ports
- The Los Angeles region is home to the largest port complex in the nation, which relies on diesel-powered ships, trains, and trucks to sustain its operations, and adds smog and diesel particulate matter pollution to the region's air. NRDC's Southern California office has developed practical solutions to help ameliorate Los Angeles' air pollution problem that can be applied nationally and internationally.
- NRDC's Dump Dirty Diesel Campaign
Working to rid the world of the health risks of dirty diesel exhaust
- NRDC's Dump Dirty Diesels Campaign has been a leader in local, state, national, and international efforts to solve the problem of dirty diesel exhaust. By focusing on reducing community exposure to dirty diesel exhaust in New York and California, advocating for national standards in Washington, and working with local partners around the world, NRDC has scored major victories on the path to cleaner air.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- New poll: most scientists oppose increased fracking
- posted by Amy Mall, 2/6/15
- Reducing Black Carbon Emissions is a Win-Win for Public Health and Climate in Latin America
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 12/5/14
- 8 Million Comments Filed in Support of EPA Limits on Climate Change Pollution
- posted by Frances Beinecke, 12/1/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.