Environmental Issues: Air
All Documents in Air Tagged mercury
- Poisoning the Great Lakes
Mercury Emissions from Coal-Fired Power Plants In the Great Lakes Region
- Mercury emitted into the air from coal-fired power plants is by far the leading man-made source of mercury in the Great Lakes and the rivers and streams of the region. The report analyzed pollution data to determine the top 25 mercury emitting power plants in the Great Lakes states, and the top three in each state.
- Clean Air Saves Lives
Real stories of American families with asthma
- Four real stories of American families with asthma. Includes videos and images.
- EPA Mercury and Air Toxics Rule Curbs Pollution
The Obama Administration Protects Our Air and Our Health
- The Mercury and Air Toxic Standards
Documents Tagged mercury in All Sections
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury: Contents, Guidance, and Resources
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- Mercury Contamination
A Guide to Staying Healthy and Fighting Back
- Power plants and chemical facilities are the main sources of mercury pollution, but this hazardous chemical makes its way into our homes and bodies in fish. This guide provides information about the health effects of mercury exposure, shows where it's coming from, offers tips for eating fish more safely and highlights opportunities to help stop mercury pollution.
- Testimony from Linda Greer on Mercury Legislation
- Testimony from Linda Greer, senior scientist and director of the Natural Resources Defense Council's public health program, on mercury legislation before the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, May 13, 2008.
- Compact Fluorescent Lights Are Safe for Your Home
- CFLs are safe, and can help your family save energy and money. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- GOP's Budget Plan is Full of Giveaways to Big Polluters
- posted by Scott Slesinger, 3/17/15
- New poll: most scientists oppose increased fracking
- posted by Amy Mall, 2/6/15
- Reducing Black Carbon Emissions is a Win-Win for Public Health and Climate in Latin America
- posted by Amanda Maxwell, 12/5/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.