Environmental Issues: Air
All Documents in Air Tagged california
- Cleaning Up Southern California's Air
NRDC's Work at Southern California's Ports
- The Los Angeles region is home to the largest port complex in the nation, which relies on diesel-powered ships, trains, and trucks to sustain its operations, and adds smog and diesel particulate matter pollution to the region's air. NRDC's Southern California office has developed practical solutions to help ameliorate Los Angeles' air pollution problem that can be applied nationally and internationally.
- The California Dump Dirty Diesels Campaign
- Since 1990, NRDC's advocacy victories have brought about a 56 percent reduction in diesel soot emissions in California. While we have made great strides overall in protecting health and the environment in California, toxic hotspots such as ports, rail yards, and major freeways continue to present a serious risk for many of our communities.
Documents Tagged california in All Sections
- California's Golden Energy Efficiency Opportunity
Ramping Up Success to Save Billions and Meet Climate Goals
- California's businesses and residents have enjoyed decades of impressive financial and environmental benefits, thanks to the state's energy efficiency policies. However, the Golden State must significantly ramp up efficiency to tackle climate change and save residential, business, industrial, and agricultural consumers even more money while creating jobs and stimulating the economy.
- AB 32 Status Report
California Hitting Clean Energy Targets
- California has a track record of implementing pioneering clean energy policies that provide direct economic and public health benefits to the state's residents. AB 32, the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, continues this legacy by committing California to reducing greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020 -- roughly a 20 percent reduction -- through a suite of complementary policies.
- Enforcement Technology Options for California Marine Protected Areas
- California's marine protected area network made the state a national leader in ocean management and put it in a position to drive national policy on enforcement and compliance. Yet it currently trails Oregon and Washington in the use of up-to-date electronic systems for managing citations.
- West Coast Tar Sands Invasion
- The West Coast could soon become a destination for huge volumes of tar sands crude oil -- one of the world's dirtiest fuels -- setting back efforts to combat climate change and exposing communities to significant new health and environmental risks. Call it a tar sands invasion.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- What We've Learned from the VW Diesel Scandal
- posted by Roland Hwang, 9/29/15
- Global study shows deteriorating air quality in India and other vulnerable regions
- posted by Ariel Cooper, 8/26/15
- New scorecard reveals polluter attacks against renewable energy
- posted by Aliya Haq, 7/28/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.