Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged biofuels
- Our Forests Aren't Fuel
- Forests are for wild animals, fresh air, clean water, and hiking with our kids. But now industry wants to burn our forests for biomass electricity, polluting the air we breathe and stealing from future generations.
Documents Tagged biofuels in All Sections
- Global Warming Solutions
- Solving global warming means investing in clean energy, green jobs and smart energy solutions. We can’t afford delay. This five-step plan will repower, refuel and rebuild America, starting today.
- Cellulosic Ethanol from Corn Stover: Can We Get It Right?
- Low-carbon liquid fuels are an essential component of the effort to reduce fossil fuel use and achieve necessary reductions in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions to avert catastrophic climate change. Second-generation biofuels must achieve a lower carbon impact than corn ethanol and avoid the negative environmental impacts of corn ethanol. Failure to deliver on these environmental promises could irreparably damage public policy support for biofuels.
- In the U.S. Southeast, Natural Forests Are Being Felled to Send Fuel Overseas
- Energy markets are driving a new and frenzied demand for trees from the ecologically rich forests of the southeastern United States. The epicenter of this new market demand is in Europe, where power companies are seeking alternatives to coal and other fossil fuels and increasingly turning to woody biomass in the form of pellets to fuel their power plants.
- Renewable Energy for America
Harvesting the Benefits of Clean, Local, Renewable Energy
- This guide for farmers and agricultural communities on the economic benefits of investment in renewable energy includes maps showing both existing renewable energy facilities and potential for development of renewable resources.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Senate Energy Bill Makes Important Steps Forward But Still Has Problems
- posted by Marc Boom, 1/28/16
- House bill would cripple EPA's authority under the Clean Water Act and clear the Pebble Mine for approval
- posted by Taryn Kiekow Heimer, 12/14/15
- Merkley Legislation Aligns Federal Lands Management with Climate-Safe Future
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/4/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.