Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged chemicals
- Now is the Time to Reform the Toxic Substances Control Act
- For decades, Americans have assumed that laws are in place to require testing of chemicals for safety and to keep unsafe chemicals out of the products we use every day. Unfortunately, the failure of the 1976 Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) to regulate the chemical industry and protect the public from exposure to unsafe chemicals, proves this assumption wrong. Congress must enact strong legislation to reform TSCA and ensure the safety of chemicals in the home, the workplace, and the marketplace. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged chemicals in All Sections
- NRDC Pesticides Team: Protecting Against Chemicals Designed to Kill
- Long before organic foods were a staple product line for major grocers, the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) was an advocate for pesticide-free products and dedicated itself to eliminating the unseen dangers of chemicals in our food. While we've achieved many successes, NRDC's Pesticides team continues to push the EPA to remove the most dangerous pesticides from the market and to educate consumers, food growers, and business leaders about sustainable alternatives. Get document in pdf.
- Protecting People from Unsafe Chemicals
Reforming the Toxic Substances Control Act
- More than 80,000 chemicals now in use have never been fully assessed for toxic impacts on human health and the environment. The Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), enacted in 1976, has failed to regulate the chemical industry and does not protect the public from exposure to unsafe chemicals. Congress must enact strong legislation to reform TSCA.
- The Chemical Industry Delay Game
How the Chemical Industry Ducks Regulation of the Most Toxic Substances
- For decades, the Environmental Protection Agency's efforts to protect the public from health risks of hazardous chemicals have been hindered by chemical companies and the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the main law used to regulate chemicals in the United States.
- Fix the FDA
- In recent years, the Food and Drug Administration has been plagued by scandalous mistakes that have shaken public confidence. Significant reforms are needed to restore the FDA's mission to protect public health.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
- Rotten to the Corps: Public Reviews Targeted in New Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/20/13
- Assaults on Successful State Renewable Energy Standards Continue
- posted by Peter Lehner, 3/20/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.