Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged Clean Water Act
- NRDC Policy Basics
An Introduction to Federal Environmental Policy
- NRDC works with Congress, the White House, courts and federal agencies to defend and expand the framework of U.S. environmental policies to safeguard the health of our communities and environment.
- Clean Water at Risk: An Assessment of Bush Administration Water Protection Rollbacks
- An October 2002 NRDC report -- issued on the 30th anniversary of the passage of the Clean Water Act -- that assesses the impact this landmark environmental law has had on the safety and environmental health of the nation’s waterways and documents the Bush administration's sustained attack on clean water protections.
Documents Tagged Clean Water Act in All Sections
- Advancing America’s Clean Water Legacy
The Administration is strengthening clean water protections.
- The Administration should continue to move forward to strengthen protection for the waters that so many communities depend upon for drinking, swimming, fishing and economic activity.
- Waste Less, Pollute Less: Using Urban Water Conservation to Advance Clean Water Act Compliance
- In many parts of the United States, cities and suburbs -- and the wastewater and stormwater utilities that serve them -- are among the largest sources of water pollution. They need hundreds of billions of dollars to repair, maintain, and improve their infrastructure to comply with Clean Water Act standards that protect public health and the environment.
- Brewers for Clean Water
- Clean water is essential to great-tasting beer. Even more, it's critical for public health and the health of a wide range of industries. That's why the Natural Resources Defense Council is teaming up with craft brewing companies to stand up for clean water and to enforce the Clean Water Act.
- The Scariest Things in the Water
- The lakes, rivers, and beaches where we swim, fish, and boat depend on healthy streams and wetlands upstream. But right now, many of them are threatened with unregulated pollution or outright destruction. Bush administration policies plus court decisions undermined Clean Water Act protection for millions of miles of streams, millions of acres of wetlands, and other waters.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.