Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged congressional record
- The Budget Process
How Congress makes the federal budget, step by step.
- Ever wonder how Congress appropriates the hundreds of billions of dollars in the federal discretionary budget each year? Find out with our short step-by-step primer on the budget process.
- Holding the Line
The Environmental Record of the 107th Congress
- This December 2002 report tracks the environmental record of the 107th Congress and identifies issues to watch in the 108th.
- The Legislative Record
Environment and the 106th Congress
- This February 2001 report analyzes major environmental legislative activity in the 106th Congress and evaluates progress by subject area. The report concludes that the environmental legacy of the 106th Congress lies largely in its failure to take any meaningful action to protect public health and the environment.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Merkley Legislation Aligns Federal Lands Management with Climate-Safe Future
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/4/15
- #Comebackcity: How Clean Energy can Revitalize a City, State
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 7/30/15
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.