Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged federal judges
- Hostile Environment: How Activist Judges Threaten Our Air, Water, and Land
- Several federal judges have placed their own political agenda above the clear mandates of our environmental laws, ignoring congressional statutes and legal precedent, and putting new hurdles in the way of environmental regulators and citizens who would sue polluters. This July 2001 report tracks these developments, and charges that appointing activist judges to the bench could signal a death sentence for many environmental protections.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- #Comebackcity: How Clean Energy can Revitalize a City, State
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 7/30/15
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.