Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged global warming emissions
- Boosting the Benefits
Improving Air Quality and Health by Reducing Global Warming Pollution in California
- California has the opportunity to combat global warming while simultaneously improving air quality and public health throughout the state. Measures being considered under the California Global Warming Solutions Act (AB 32) could save hundreds of lives and prevent thousands of other negative health impacts each year -- saving billions of dollars in healthcare costs.
- California Clean Car Law Prevails over Big Auto Challenge
Landmark law restricting global warming pollution from cars upheld in court, but EPA quickly denies CA authority to legislate.
- A landmark law restricting global warming pollution from cars is upheld in court.
- A Golden Opportunity
California's Solutions for Global Warming
- California's Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, AB 32, is the most ambitious global warming solutions law in the nation. The next step: putting in place specific measures to bring emissions levels back to 1990 levels by 2020 to meet AB 32’s limit. This June 2007 report describes how California is protecting the state from global warming pollution while growing its economy and encouraging the innovative clean technology industry.
- California Signs Landmark Global Warming Legislation
A new bill from a trendsetting state will set limits on global warming pollution and promises an economic boost.
- California makes history by becoming the first state in the nation to set concrete limits on statewide global warming pollution.
Documents Tagged global warming emissions in All Sections
- Benchmarking Air Emissions of the 100 Largest Electric Power Producers in the U.S., 2013
- The Benchmarking project uses public data to compare the emissions performance of the 100 largest power producers in the United States, and discusses market trends affecting the electric generating sector, including trends in fuel prices, technology developments, and environmental regulations.
- Low-Carbon Fuel Standard
Helping California Break Its Addiction to Oil
- The best solution to dealing with volatile California gasoline prices is to use less oil and encourage greater investments in cleaner, alternative fuels that help diversify our fuel supply. California's low-carbon fuel standard is one of the state's key measures developed to do just that.
- AB 32 Status Report
California Hitting Clean Energy Targets
- California has a track record of implementing pioneering clean energy policies that provide direct economic and public health benefits to the state's residents. AB 32, the Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, continues this legacy by committing California to reducing greenhouse gas emissions to 1990 levels by 2020 -- roughly a 20 percent reduction -- through a suite of complementary policies.
- Delivering On Renewable Energy Around The World
How Do Key Countries Stack Up?
- At the 20th anniversary of the 1992 Rio Earth Summit -- Earth Summit 2012 -- countries, companies, cities, and individuals need to commit to increasing the amount of wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, and wave power throughout the world, to 15 percent of total electricity by 2020 -- more than doubling what is predicted under current trends.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
- Botching the Budget, Ignoring the Infrastructure Debt
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/28/13
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.