Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged bp oil disaster
- Reject BP Oil Disaster Amnesia Bills
H.R. 1229, H.R. 1230, and H.R. 1231
- One year ago, the Deepwater Horizon exploded, killing 11 workers, spilling 170 million gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico, and wreaking havoc on the environment. However, rather than seeking to prevent future disasters, H.R. 1229, 1230, and 1231 accelerate the very processes that the President's National Oil Spill Commission found led to the BP disaster. The three drill-at-all-cost bills would weaken the system for overseeing oil drilling that was in effect before the Deepwater Horizon disaster, and mandate new drilling in sensitive ocean areas off virtually every coast. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
- Rotten to the Corps: Public Reviews Targeted in New Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/20/13
- Assaults on Successful State Renewable Energy Standards Continue
- posted by Peter Lehner, 3/20/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.