Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged budget
- 2015 Anti-Environmental Budget Riders
- This year the Big Polluter Agenda is advancing in both the House and the Senate, and it appears no environmental law is safe from the demands of corporate polluters and their cheerleaders in the Republican Party.
- 2014 Anti-Environmental Budget Riders
- Like an unwanted sequel to a bad movie, House Republicans once again have spent this year attempting to cram destructive, debilitating and even daft "riders" into must-pass bills needed to keep the government running. These riders would do astonishing harm to our health, wildlife, the environment and pursuit of clean energy -- if ever enacted into law.
- 2013 Anti-Environmental Budget Riders
- House Republican leaders spent the summer trying to load up last-minute, must-pass legislation with anti-environmental riders. They are trying to delay or repeal protections for air, water, health, lands and species by adding provisions to unrelated spending and debt legislation. If their efforts succeed, they will have reversed many years of environmental progress.
- 2012 Anti-Environmental Riders
Congress is at it again with another significant assault on health and environment protections.
- Lawmakers must pass 12 spending bills for fiscal 2013 to fund the government, and some House Republicans are seizing this opportunity again to jam through unpopular anti-environmental policies that have nothing to do with spending.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.