Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged nrdc history
- E-law: What Started It All?
It began with a court battle over a power plant slated for Storm King Mountain and matured with test cases modeled on tactics pioneered by the NAACP.
- Environmental public interest attorneys use America's environmental statutes and legal precedents to defend and advocate for wildlife and wild places and to protect public health. Environmental law has only been around since about the time of the first Earth Day in 1970. It began with a court battle over a power plant slated for an unspoiled area in the Hudson River valley, and matured with test cases modeled on tactics pioneered by the NAACP.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- #Comebackcity: How Clean Energy can Revitalize a City, State
- posted by Ariana Gonzalez, 7/30/15
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.