Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged ohioSorry, no documents were found that meet your criteria.
Documents Tagged ohio in All Sections
- Amend SB 315 to Protect Ohio’s Successful Energy Efficiency Standard
- Ohio's energy efficiency standard is lowering electricity bills, cutting pollution, and creating jobs. By amending Senate Bill 315, we can encourage the development of the Combined Heat and Power and Waste Energy Recovery projects without diluting the successful energy efficiency standard. Get document in pdf.
- Energy Productivity in Ohio
Efficiency Benefits to Power Jobs and the Economy
- Ohio has tremendous opportunity to improve its energy productivity and decrease the amount of money it sends to other states to import energy. Since the 2008 passage of bipartisan Senate Bill 221 that includes an energy efficiency portfolio standard, Ohio has already begun to realize increased productivity in the energy sector and across the larger economy.
- Better Bulbs, Better Jobs
Case Studies in Ohio's Energy-Efficient Lighting Industry
- Ohio has long been a leader in manufacturing. Located within 600 miles of 62 percent of North America’s manufacturing locations, its strong workforce and proximity to markets have helped to make it a global leader in producing high-quality goods. While the economic downturn shuttered some of its factories, Ohio is seeing an economic resurgence in a newer industry: energy-efficient lighting. Responding to new federal lighting efficiency standards and the state’s energy efficiency resource standard, dozens of companies in Ohio, large and small, are inventing, manufacturing, and deploying better-performing, energy-efficient lighting solutions. These companies are creating much needed jobs, reducing energy bills for businesses and households, and cutting pollution that harms Ohioans’ health and safety. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
- Botching the Budget, Ignoring the Infrastructure Debt
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/28/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.