Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged H.R. 7
- Reject the American Energy and Infrastructure Act (H.R. 7)
- Republican leadership is hijacking a must-pass bill in order to advance an extreme agenda. Faced with a $75 billion gap in the transportation reauthorization bill, they are pushing the so-called American Energy and Infrastructure Act (H.R. 7), which vastly expands irresponsible oil drilling, and as a ploy says the revenues will be used to fund transportation. If enacted, H.R. 7 would, at best, produce less than 1 percent of the revenue needed to fund the transportation bill. This proposal would not create jobs. Rather, it would kill a transportation bill--the one true jobs bill Congress could pass this year even though there is a bipartisan approach moving through the Senate. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Senate Energy Bill Makes Important Steps Forward But Still Has Problems
- posted by Marc Boom, 1/28/16
- House bill would cripple EPA's authority under the Clean Water Act and clear the Pebble Mine for approval
- posted by Taryn Kiekow Heimer, 12/14/15
- Merkley Legislation Aligns Federal Lands Management with Climate-Safe Future
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/4/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.