Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged stormwaterSorry, no documents were found that meet your criteria.
Documents Tagged stormwater in All Sections
- Getting the Green Out: Key Findings and Recommendations from NRDC Workshops on Promoting Green Stormwater Infrastructure on Commercial Property
- Cities throughout the United States are embracing green stormwater infrastructure (GSI) as a means to reduce polluted stormwater runoff and satisfy the Clean Water Act, while also realizing public health, environmental, economic, and quality of life benefits of urban green space. NRDC has engaged with interested representatives of the commercial real estate sector to explore how property owners and developers think about GSI and strategies needed to increase adoption.
- Creating Private Markets for Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- To turn back the tides of polluted stormwater, many cities are launching ambitious plans to develop green infrastructure -- effectively unpaving city land and using practices that help rain absorb and be better used near where it falls.
- Financing Stormwater Retrofits in Philadelphia and Beyond
- Philadelphia encourages property owners to install green infrastructure techniques with a flagship stormwater billing structure. This report -- a joint product of NRDC's Water Program and Center for Market Innovation -- uses Philadelphia as a test case to explore how cities can attract billions of dollars in private investment in stormwater retrofits, saving on public infrastructure costs while cleaning waterways and greening communities.
- Rooftops to Rivers II
Green Strategies for Controlling Stormwater and Combined Sewer Overflows
- This November 2011 report is a policy guide for decision makers looking to implement green stormwater strategies to stop water pollution at its source. It includes case studies of cities that have successfully used green infrastructure techniques to reduce runoff and combined sewer overflow (CSO) pollution to create a healthier urban environment.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
- Senate Energy Bill Makes Important Steps Forward But Still Has Problems
- posted by Marc Boom, 1/28/16
- House bill would cripple EPA's authority under the Clean Water Act and clear the Pebble Mine for approval
- posted by Taryn Kiekow Heimer, 12/14/15
- Merkley Legislation Aligns Federal Lands Management with Climate-Safe Future
- posted by Franz Matzner, 11/4/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.