Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged stormwater
- Clean Water at Risk: An Assessment of Bush Administration Water Protection Rollbacks
- An October 2002 NRDC report -- issued on the 30th anniversary of the passage of the Clean Water Act -- that assesses the impact this landmark environmental law has had on the safety and environmental health of the nation’s waterways and documents the Bush administration's sustained attack on clean water protections.
Documents Tagged stormwater in All Sections
- Creating Private Markets for Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- To turn back the tides of polluted stormwater, many cities are launching ambitious plans to develop green infrastructure -- effectively unpaving city land and using practices that help rain absorb and be better used near where it falls.
- Cleaning Up the Anacostia River
After more than a century of abuse, plans are being made to bring Washington, D.C.'s Anacostia River back to life.
- After more than a century of abuse, plans are being made to bring Washington, D.C.'s "Forgotten River" back to life.
- Out of the Gutter
Reducing Polluted Runoff in the District of Columbia
- Every time it rains, Washington, D.C., like most major cities, is plagued by stormwater runoff, which has gravely contaminated the city's three major rivers. To clean up the pollution, the city's Water and Sewer Authority is relying on costly and outdated stormwater management practices. In this July 2002 report, NRDC recommends instead that WASA adopt low-impact development, as well as other measures to encourage water conservation and the protection of sensitive lands.
- How to Clean Up Our Water
Ten Simple Ways You Can Help Reduce Pollution and Runoff
- Sewage overflows and runoff from farms and city streets close thousands of miles of beaches each year and poison our food supply and drinking water. The good news is that there are many things you can do to help. Here are 10 simple actions to help stem the tide of polluted runoff -- and clean up and conserve our waters.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
- Rotten to the Corps: Public Reviews Targeted in New Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/20/13
- Assaults on Successful State Renewable Energy Standards Continue
- posted by Peter Lehner, 3/20/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.