Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged energy policy
- Treating America's Oil Addiction
A Clean, Renewable Path to Energy Security
- Our future depends on reducing our oil demand now. Get document in pdf.
Documents Tagged energy policy in All Sections
- Strengthening American Manufacturing and Investing in the Clean Energy Economy
How Climate and Energy Legislation Can Help America Become the Global Leader in Clean Energy Technologies
- Comprehensive clean energy and climate legislation will reduce global warming pollution from America’s manufacturing sector while strengthening the competitiveness of American industry and preserving and increasing the number of good-paying, high-skilled jobs available to American workers. The vast majority of American manufacturers will see little or no cost increases as a result of well-designed climate legislation, and the most energy-intensive firms will receive extra benefits to ensure their international competitiveness. Now is the time to put American workers— and companies—to work building the next generation of clean energy technologies. Get document in pdf.
- Driving It Home: Choosing the Right Path for Fueling North America's Transportation Future
Choosing the Right Path for Fueling North America's Transportation Future
- North America faces an energy crossroads. With the world fast approaching the end of cheap, plentiful conventional oil, we must choose between developing ever-dirtier sources of fossil fuels -- at great cost to our health and environment -- or setting a course for a more sustainable energy future of clean, renewable fuels.
- Testimony on Boucher Discussion Draft
- Statement of Daniel A. Lashof, NRDC's Climate Center Science Director, before the Committee on Energy and Commerce, House of Representatives on May 24, 2007.
- "Emissions Intensity" -- Pollution by Any Other Name?
Why emissions keep growing under the Bush administration plan.
- The Bush administration's voluntary approach to global warming focuses on reducing emissions intensity -- the ratio of carbon dioxide to a measure of economic output. But under the administration's plan, even as emissions intensity improves, total emissions will keep on rising. To combat global warming effectively, the government must focus its policy on reducing the total amount of heat-trapping pollution in the atmosphere.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Oh, The Places You Won't Go: House Drops Housing + Transportation Bill
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 7/31/13
- Botching the Budget, Ignoring the Infrastructure Debt
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 6/28/13
- Capturing the Value of Public Transportation
- posted by Deron Lovaas, 3/21/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.