Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged livestock farms
- Clean Water at Risk: An Assessment of Bush Administration Water Protection Rollbacks
- An October 2002 NRDC report -- issued on the 30th anniversary of the passage of the Clean Water Act -- that assesses the impact this landmark environmental law has had on the safety and environmental health of the nation’s waterways and documents the Bush administration's sustained attack on clean water protections.
Documents Tagged livestock farms in All Sections
- Calling on Foster Farms to Demonstrate Antibiotic Stewardship in Chicken Operations
- NRDC and more than 30 leading advocates for health, environment, animal welfare and consumer protection asked the chicken giant to disclose its use of antibiotics and pledge to avoid routine use of these drugs to raise its chickens -- a practice that is known to breed antibiotic resistant bacteria.
- Facts about Pollution from Livestock Farms
- Facts and figures about pollution from factory farms, which produce staggering amounts of animal wastes that pollute the environment and do serious harm to humans, fish and ecosystems.
- Pollution from Giant Livestock Farms Threatens Public Health
Waste lagoons and manure sprayfields -- two widespread and environmentally hazardous technologies -- are poorly regulated.
- Factory farms -- giant livestock farms that house thousands of cows, chickens or pigs -- produce staggering amounts of animal wastes. These wastes are often stored and used in ways that expose people to dangerous bacteria, toxic gases and other hazardous substances, and punish the natural environment.
- Renewable Energy for America
Harvesting the Benefits of Clean, Local, Renewable Energy
- This guide for farmers and agricultural communities on the economic benefits of investment in renewable energy includes maps showing both existing renewable energy facilities and potential for development of renewable resources.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.