Environmental Issues: U.S. Law & Policy
All Documents in U.S. Law & Policy Tagged congressional record
- An Environmental Agenda for the 109th Congress
- This NRDC policy paper, issued in early 2005, summarizes the top environmental priorities NRDC sees ahead for the 109th Congress.
- The Budget Process
How Congress makes the federal budget, step by step.
- Ever wonder how Congress appropriates the hundreds of billions of dollars in the federal discretionary budget each year? Find out with our short step-by-step primer on the budget process.
- The Environmental Record of the 108th Congress
- The 108th Congress was called to order on January 7, 2003, and adjourned on December 8, 2004 (more than two full months after scheduled adjournment). We recount the major environmental battles and outcomes below.
- Holding the Line
The Environmental Record of the 107th Congress
- This December 2002 report tracks the environmental record of the 107th Congress and identifies issues to watch in the 108th.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
- Vetoing Bill, Governor Brown Calls for Stronger Medicine to Curb Antibiotic Resistance
- posted by Jonathan Kaplan, 9/30/14
- California Legislative Session Ends with Big Wins for Our Health and Environment
- posted by Victoria Rome, 9/17/14
- Climate polluter minority interests find tough sledding against the rise of clean energy bipartisan majorities in the states
- posted by Pierre Bull, 2/7/14
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.