Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged EPA
- The Clean Power Plan: Building on Ohio’s Clean Energy Accomplishments
- The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency and the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio have asked stakeholders to provide guidance on the draft Clean Power Plan, the assumptions that went into setting Ohio's target, and to provide information that the agencies should consider in preparing the state;s comments to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. To that end, NRDC submits these comments on Ohio's carbon reduction opportunities under the Clean Power Plan.
- What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Public Health Protections Under Attack
- It is important to understand that the EPA is one of our major success stories, representing vital problem-solving on a national scale, and that we should support the EPA doing its job.
Documents Tagged EPA in All Sections
- Health Risks and Climate Change
- People in every state are vulnerable to climate health threats -- from worsening air quality, extreme heat,
extreme precipitation and flooding, and greater exposure to dangerous diseases. The U.S. EPA proposed the Clean Power Plan, a historic effort to limit the carbon pollution emitted by power plants -- the biggest driver of climate change -- and protect public health.
- The EPA’s Clean Power Plan: Carbon Limits Will Cut Pollution, Lower Bills, Create Jobs, Save Lives and Keep the Lights On
- The EPA's Clean Power Plan will, when in place, reduce carbon pollution by hundreds of millions of tons, cut emissions of harmful particle pollution, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxides by hundreds of thousands of tons per year, and provide vital health protections to our most vulnerable citizens, such as children and older Americans.
- The EPA’s Clean Power Plan Could Save Up To $9 Billion In 2030 Thanks To Expanding Clean Energy Resources
- The EPA found that by 2030, the power sector could reduce its emissions by 30 percent below 2005 levels under the Clean Power Plan, costing between $7.5 billion and $8.8 billion annually. But because the EPA uses conservative and outdated assumptions, the agency overstates the costs of compliance by $9 billion and shortchanges the potential to make even deeper critical carbon reductions.
- NRDC Policy Basics
An Introduction to Federal Environmental Policy
- NRDC works with Congress, the White House, courts and federal agencies to defend and expand the framework of U.S. environmental policies to safeguard the health of our communities and environment.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.