Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged green buildings
- NRDC's Green Offices
NRDC's offices save energy and the environment by embracing green building design.
- When it comes to energy efficiency, NRDC practices what it preaches with energy-efficient and green design features in each of our four offices. Since beginning the greening of our offices in 1988, we have achieved numerous economic and environmental benefits, including keeping millions of pounds of global warming pollution out of the atmosphere.
- Solar Electric Energy for Your Stadium or Arena
A Guide to Understanding the Opportunities of On-Site Photovoltaic Solar Power Generation
- Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, and Major League Soccer recently distributed this solar development guide produced on their behalf by NRDC and Bonneville Environmental Foundation outlining the work necessary for each stadium to add on-site solar power generation to its energy mix.
- NRDC's New York Office
By making use of natural light and readily available energy-saving features, our retro-fitted office uses about one-third the energy of a conventional space.
- NRDC renovated our New York City office in 1989 with the goal of putting our environmental principles into practice -- designing an office that would dramatically cut down on our energy use, while at the same time demonstrating to architects, builders, and businesses around the country that "green building" concepts can go hand in hand with pleasant, productive, professional workspaces.
Documents Tagged green buildings in All Sections
- Affordable Green Housing
The Green Communities Initiative will build thousands of affordable, environmentally friendly homes across the country.
- The Green Communities Initiative, a project of NRDC and Enterprise Community Partners, will build thousands of affordable, environmentally friendly homes across the country.
- How to Build a Better Home
A new approach to homebuilding saves trees and energy -- and makes for economical, comfortable homes.
- A new approach to homebuilding saves trees and energy -- and makes for economical, comfortable homes.
- NRDC's Washington, DC Office
- NRDC's Washington home shows that offices can be economic, aesthetically-pleasing, and environmentally friendly. Take a tour of our DC office, and find out about the many "green" features that make it a model of environmentally-sound design.
- The New Energy Economy
Putting America on the Path to Solving Global Warming
- How America and the world respond to global warming and our growing demand for energy -- and whether we respond in time -- will determine what kind of planet we have for generations to come. Fortunately, many of the technologies and policy tools we need to make the shift to cleaner energy solutions already exist, and we can deploy them without harming the economy. NRDC outlines six energy-sector opportunities that can help America reduce global warming pollution. The next step is decisive action by the U.S. government to facilitate these investments and reduce our global warming pollution the necessary 80 percent, or 10.6 billion tons, by 2050.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.