Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged hybrid vehicles
- Hybrid Cars Go Mainstream
The New Hybrid Sedans and SUVs
- When gas prices hit four dollars a gallon in 2008, car buyers flocked to hybrids to avoid getting stung at the pumps. But with the downturn of the economy and gas prices, the U.S. auto market has slumped and as a consequence hybrid sales have been flat for the past three years. That's about to change.
- Hybrid Values
Find out what makes a hybrid such a good buy, and learn what’s on the market.
- If you're thinking of buying a hybrid, you’re looking at a range of high-tech cars that get great gas mileage, cut polluting emissions and earn you a tax break. Find out what makes a hybrid such a good buy, and learn what’s on the market.
- Plug In for a Greener Future
A new breed of hybrid cars could play a big role in cutting global warming pollution.
- The plug-in hybrid -- a new breed of hybrid that relies more heavily on electricity than gas -- uses bigger, longer-lasting hybrid batteries that can charge overnight on your home's electricity and power cars for up to 40 miles at one go.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.