Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged china
- Identifying Near-Term Opportunities for Carbon Capture and Sequestration (CCS) in China
- China is well-positioned to be a global leader in the development and deployment of carbon capture and sequestration (CSS) technologies that -- with broad support and engagement from the international community -- can be an important tool for reducing carbon emissions as the world transitions to truly clean energy technologies.
Documents Tagged china in All Sections
- Living Building Challenge Petal Certification in China
NRDC's Beijing Office
- The simple design for the NRDC Beijing office was intentional with the purpose of using fewer construction materials than a traditional private office design in order to meet aggressive environmental goals.
- The Prevention and Control of Shipping and Port Emissions in China
- China is home to seven of the world's ten busiest container ports. About 26 percent of the world's containers pass through the top ten Chinese ports every year. Every ship and truck brings pollution along with its cargo.
- Mercury Pollution: An End in Sight?
Work continues on a global treaty to solve the world's mercury pollution problem.
- It will take an international solution to curb the world's mercury pollution problem -- and the United States should lead the way.
- Summary of Recent Mercury Emission Limits for Power Plants in the United States and China
- Both China and the United States have adopted landmark standards to curb mercury emissions among other pollutants as well from power plants, addressing the largest global source of mercury air pollution. Globally, coal-fired power plants are the largest source of mercury emissions, with China and the United States contributing a significant portion. In China, power plant emissions standards are expected to deliver mercury reductions in 2015, mainly through controls for other air pollutants, but nevertheless significant. In the U.S., significant mercury reductions are expected from coal-fired power plants beginning in 2016. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.