Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged Appalachia
- No More Mountaintop Removal
- Across Appalachia, mining companies are wiping out some of America’s oldest and most revered mountains -- along with all that those mountains provide to the natural systems and communities they support. Take action now!
Documents Tagged Appalachia in All Sections
- Appalachian Heartbreak: Time to End Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining
- Coal is America's dirtiest energy source -- and the country's leading source of global warming pollution. Pollution from coal plants produces dirty air, acid rain, and contaminated land and water. Nowhere is the debate over how far we are willing to go for inexpensive energy more contentious than in the coalfields of Appalachia, where mining companies are blowing up America's oldest mountains to get the coal beneath the peaks.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.