Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged electric vehicles
- Grasping Green Car Technology
- New fuel-efficient, less-polluting vehicles are powered by technologies that aren't always familiar. If you're considering buying one, you may be concerned not only with how it handles, but how well it will hold up over time, what it might cost to maintain, and if it will be as good for the environment (and your wallet) as claimed. Fortunately, with a little information, the brave new world of greener alternative fuels and drivetrains is easy to grasp.
- Electric Cars Are Ready for Prime Time
- Just as major car companies were crushing their electric car programs in 2004 and 2005, the perfect storm was brewing on the horizon: volatile gasoline prices, growing acceptance of the realities of global warming, and the realization that fuel economy standards were going to be strengthened. The automakers went back to the drawing board and emerged with big plans for electric cars.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.