Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged electricity
- America's Data Centers Consuming and Wasting Growing Amounts of Energy
Critical Action Needed to Save Money and Cut Pollution
- The explosion of digital content, big data, e-commerce, and Internet traffic is making data centers one of the fastest growing users of electricity in developed countries, and one of the key drivers in the construction of new power plants in some regions of the United States.
- Strong U.S. Energy Efficiency Standards: Decades of Using Energy Smarter
The U.S. Appliance Standards Program Has a Long History of Success, Bipartisan Support, and Saving Americans Money
- Wasted energy means wasted money. National energy efficiency standards that the U.S. Department of Energy is establishing for more than 50 types of household appliances and commercial products in our homes, businesses, and industries help cut that energy waste: they set a dependable minimum level of energy efficiency that all Americans can count on to reduce energy waste and lower their energy bills.
- A Call to Action for More Efficient Clothes Dryers
U.S. Consumers Missing Out on $4 Billion in Annual Savings
- Currently, Americans spend $9 billion annually to operate their dryers, but extensive research by NRDC and its consultant Ecova shows that just updating residential dryers to the level of the most efficient versions sold overseas could save U.S. consumers a whopping $4 billion a year. Now is the time to seize the massive energy savings opportunity they represent.
- The Latest-Generation Video Game Consoles
How Much Energy Do They Waste When You’re Not Playing?
- The newest game consoles are on track to consume as much electricity each year as all the homes in Houston, the fourth-largest city in the country, and cost consumers more than $1 billion to operate annually. Most of that energy will be consumed in the middle of the night, when the console is in standby mode.
Documents Tagged electricity in All Sections
- The Promise of the Smart Grid
Goals, Policies, and Measurement Must Support Sustainability Benefits
- Smart grid technologies can be powerful enablers of important environmental benefits, but careful smart grid program design and implementation is needed to leverage the environmental benefits of smart grid technologies, and direct capital toward solutions that benefit the environment.
- Cleaner Fuels
It’s time to move beyond oil and develop cleaner fuels to run America’s cars, trucks and buses.
- Running our cars and trucks on cleaner fuels like biofuels and electricity, and stopping dirty alternatives, is a critical part of developing a new energy economy.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.