Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged hybrid electric vehicles
- Hybrid Cars Go Mainstream
The New Hybrid Sedans and SUVs
- When gas prices hit four dollars a gallon in 2008, car buyers flocked to hybrids to avoid getting stung at the pumps. But with the downturn of the economy and gas prices, the U.S. auto market has slumped and as a consequence hybrid sales have been flat for the past three years. That's about to change.
- Electric Cars Are Ready for Prime Time
- Just as major car companies were crushing their electric car programs in 2004 and 2005, the perfect storm was brewing on the horizon: volatile gasoline prices, growing acceptance of the realities of global warming, and the realization that fuel economy standards were going to be strengthened. The automakers went back to the drawing board and emerged with big plans for electric cars.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.