Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged incandescent light bulbs
- Your Guide to More Efficient and Money-Saving Light Bulbs
- In 2007, Congress passed minimum energy efficiency standards for everyday light bulbs that will reduce consumers' energy bills by $13 billion per year, or $100 per household per year, and save 30 power plants worth of electricity annually once the standards are in full effect. These standards do not ban incandescent light bulbs -- they simply require them to be more efficient and go into effect in stages.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.