Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged LCFS
- Unmasked: The Oil Industry Campaign to Undermine California’s Clean Energy Future
Millions Spent on Front Groups, Lobbying, and Scare Tactics to Keep Californians Dependent on Oil
- California's climate and clean energy policies reduce dependence on oil. By 2030, they will enable Californians to save more than $2,000 per household on gasoline and avoid the need to drive 14 billion miles each year. With the petroleum fuels sector scheduled to begin paying for its portion of climate pollution in January 2015, oil companies have intensified their campaign to undermine the clean energy policies that will reduce their market share.
- Carbon Reduction Opportunities in the California Petroleum Industry
- Since the adoption of the first-in-the-nation Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) in 2009, California continues to successfully reduce the carbon pollution of transportation fuels. This report looks at significant, concrete steps that the California oil industry can adopt today to curb its carbon emissions. These ready-to-deploy technologies could also go a long way to meeting the industry's responsibility under the LCFS.
Documents Tagged LCFS in All Sections
- Low-Carbon Fuel Standard
Helping California Break Its Addiction to Oil
- The best solution to dealing with volatile California gasoline prices is to use less oil and encourage greater investments in cleaner, alternative fuels that help diversify our fuel supply. California's low-carbon fuel standard is one of the state's key measures developed to do just that.
- A Golden Opportunity
California's Solutions for Global Warming
- California's Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, AB 32, is the most ambitious global warming solutions law in the nation. The next step: putting in place specific measures to bring emissions levels back to 1990 levels by 2020 to meet AB 32’s limit. This June 2007 report describes how California is protecting the state from global warming pollution while growing its economy and encouraging the innovative clean technology industry.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.