Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged servers
- America's Data Centers Consuming and Wasting Growing Amounts of Energy
Critical Action Needed to Save Money and Cut Pollution
- The explosion of digital content, big data, e-commerce, and Internet traffic is making data centers one of the fastest growing users of electricity in developed countries, and one of the key drivers in the construction of new power plants in some regions of the United States.
- Is Cloud Computing Always Greener?
Finding the Most Energy and Carbon Efficient Information Technology Solutions for Small- and Medium-Sized Organizations
- As a growing number of small- and medium-sized organizations (SMOs) seek to improve the energy efficiency of their Information Technology (IT) operations by moving computing applications to an Internet-based "cloud" platform, it is becoming increasingly important to understand the associated energy and climate impacts.
- Saving Energy in Server Rooms and Closets
- Energy waste in U.S. server rooms and closets represents the equivalent output of seven medium-size coal-fired power plants, costing U.S. businesses over $2 billion per year in unnecessary electricity.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.