Environmental Issues: Energy
All Documents in Energy Tagged power plants
- Scaling Up Energy Efficiency
Saving Money, Creating Jobs, and Slashing Emissions
- Energy efficiency is a proven resource with significant potential to dramatically reduce power plant emissions and to do so at low cost. Power plants represent 40 percent of the nation's total climate-changing pollution.
- What's at Risk from Industry's Full-Scale Assault on the EPA and the Clean Air Act?
Public Health Protections Under Attack
- It is important to understand that the EPA is one of our major success stories, representing vital problem-solving on a national scale, and that we should support the EPA doing its job.
- Toward a Clean Energy Future in China
In-depth policy papers and analyses from NRDC's China clean energy project.
Clean energy is a cornerstone of China's future -- sustainable energy development will bring tremendous social, economic and environmental benefits to the people of the world's largest nation. This index collects policy papers and other technical documents from NRDC's clean-energy experts.
Documents Tagged power plants in All Sections
- Using the Clean Air Act to Sharply Reduce Carbon Pollution from Existing Power Plants
- Climate and energy experts at NRDC have crafted a groundbreaking proposal that will help the Administration create jobs, grow the economy, and curb climate change by going after the country's largest source of climate-changing pollution: emissions from hundreds of existing power plants.
- Toxic Power: How Power Plants Contaminate Our Air and States
- The EPA recently finalized the Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS), requiring significant reductions in mercury and air toxic emissions, inlcuding those from the electric sector, the largest industrial source of toxic air pollution in the United States. Despite the significant benefit to public health, power companies and some in Congress continue to fight against the standards.
- Comments Filed On The Carbon Pollution Standard, June 25, 2012
NRDC Comments filed on the Carbon Pollution Standard on Monday, June 25, 2012.
- NRDC Comments filed on the Carbon Pollution Standard on Monday, June 25, 2012.
- Get the Lead Out
- Children across the nation face the risk of lead poisoning, but steps can be taken to protect them.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.
- Efficient Appliances Save Energy -- and Money
- A consumer's guide to buying energy efficient appliances and electronics.