Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged gas prices
- Domestic Oil Drilling
Still Not a Solution to Rising Gas Prices
- More domestic oil drilling will have no effect on the current spike in gasoline prices. It’s time to move beyond our dependence on oil and seek alternatives such as clean energy and fuel efficiency.
- Offshore Drilling Threatens Our Beaches, Oceans, Coastal Communities and Marine Life
- President Bush and some members of Congress are pressing to open offshore areas that have been protected from oil drilling for many years, including the east and west coasts and Florida.
Documents Tagged gas prices in All Sections
- Low-Carbon Fuel Standard
Helping California Break Its Addiction to Oil
- The best solution to dealing with volatile California gasoline prices is to use less oil and encourage greater investments in cleaner, alternative fuels that help diversify our fuel supply. California's low-carbon fuel standard is one of the state's key measures developed to do just that.
- Fighting Oil Addiction
Ranking States' Gasoline Price Vulnerability and Solutions for Change
- To curb America's perilous addiction to oil, we need effective government policies that will increase the availability of efficient vehicles and clean fuels and that will promote smart growth and public transit. This November 2012 paper updates NRDC's research identifying the states that are most vulnerable to spikes in oil prices -- and those states that are doing the most to break their addiction to oil.
- Reducing the Need for U.S. Drilling Through Energy Efficiency
- The toll from the April 20 explosion on the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico is devastating. Nearly 4 million barrels of oil have poured into Gulf waters,1 destroying fragile marine and coastal ecosystems and inflicting untold economic damages on businesses and residents in the Gulf region. The effects of this spill -- one of the largest in history -- will be felt for generations. Get document in pdf.
- Hybrid Values
Find out what makes a hybrid such a good buy, and learn what’s on the market.
- If you're thinking of buying a hybrid, you’re looking at a range of high-tech cars that get great gas mileage, cut polluting emissions and earn you a tax break. Find out what makes a hybrid such a good buy, and learn what’s on the market.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Expert Report Can Guide Northeast in Fighting Climate Change Impact on Oceans
- posted by Lisa Suatoni, 1/21/16
- Keep It Under the Sea
- posted by Niel Lawrence, 11/17/15
- California Bans Plastic Microbeads: A Key Step in Reducing Marine Plastic Pollution
- posted by Elizabeth Murdock, 11/13/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.