Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged pollutionSorry, no documents were found that meet your criteria.
Documents Tagged pollution in All Sections
- Big Polluter Agenda
14 Ways the 114th Congress Plans to Attack the Environment and Undermine Public Health
- Even before they were sworn in, Republican leaders of the 114th Congress vowed to reward their fossil fuel industry backers by pushing through an agenda that only big polluters could love -- endangering the nation's air, lands, water, and climate.
- Federal Fiscal Crisis
- Early in 2013, Congress must make budget decisions about the remainder of this year. Looming cuts threaten essential environmental programs, while tax loopholes continue to subsidize polluters.
- Pollution from Giant Livestock Farms Threatens Public Health
Waste lagoons and manure sprayfields -- two widespread and environmentally hazardous technologies -- are poorly regulated.
- Factory farms -- giant livestock farms that house thousands of cows, chickens or pigs -- produce staggering amounts of animal wastes. These wastes are often stored and used in ways that expose people to dangerous bacteria, toxic gases and other hazardous substances, and punish the natural environment.
- Hansa Urbana’s Cabo Cortés Project in Baja California Sur
Investor Risk Advisory
- The Spanish developer Hansa Urbana intends to build a large-scale tourism and real estate complex called Cabo Cortés on the southeastern tip of Mexico’s Baja California peninsula. Due to its proposed scope and scale, the project could result in irreparable harm to vulnerable protected areas and endangered species, as well as negatively impact local communities. Environmental and social sustainability is necessary not only for the protection of local ecosystems and communities, but also to ensure the long-term financial success of a coastal tourism project itself. Potential investors must be fully aware of the serious concerns and risks associated with Cabo Cortés. Get document in pdf.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- From Maine to Virginia, Carbon Pollution Limits Can Help Protect Shellfisheries
- posted by Susan Casey-Lefkowitz, 2/26/15
- Time to Speak UP, Show Up and Oppose Reckless Drilling Off of Our Coasts
- posted by Alexandra Adams, 2/9/15
- New Drilling Plan Puts Jersey Shore to Miami Beach and Wild Arctic at Risk
- posted by Peter Lehner, 1/27/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.