Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged case studiesSorry, no documents were found that meet your criteria.
Documents Tagged case studies in All Sections
- Sustainability Achievements of the 2011 NCAA Final Four in Houston, Texas
- In an effort to reduce their carbon footprint, the producers of the NCAA Final Four have integrated ecologically intelligent practices into the event’s planning and production. The paper products and other supplies we have bought and the facilities and services we are relying on have all been selected with a sensitivity towards reducing the threats we all face from global warming, deforestation, toxic wastes, and hazardous chemicals in our water and food. This year the NCAA teamed up with LG Electronics USA, Waste Management, Reliant Park, the City of Houston, George R. Brown Convention Center, and the Natural Resources Defense Council to launch the long journey they need to take to reduce their collective ecological footprint. This document explores their achievements.Get document in pdf.
- Jobs that Build a Better Future
Clean energy investments will create millions of manufacturing jobs and whole new industries
- Investing in clean energy can help heal the environment and boost the American economy.
- Picturing Smart Growth
Visions for Sustainable Communities Across America
Cities and towns across the country are embracing smart growth as a better solution to meet the needs of their growing populations. Smart growth principles accommodate growth and development while saving open space, revitalizing neighborhoods and helping cool the planet. See visions created through photo-editing software for how 70 communities across the country could apply smart growth principles to improve their streets and neighborhoods.
- The NRDC Greening Advisor
- The NRDC Greening Advisor can help any business or organization to reduce the environmental impacts of its operations and events.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Get Updates and Alerts
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- Court of Appeals Upholds California Shark Fin Ban
- posted by Seth Atkinson, 7/28/15
- Fabulous New Ocean Acidification Sensors from the Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health X-Prize
- posted by Lisa Suatoni, 7/21/15
- Happy Fifth Birthday, National Ocean Policy!
- posted by Ali Chase, 7/15/15
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.