Environmental Issues: Oceans
All Documents in Oceans Tagged ocean pollution
- Plastic Pollution in our Oceans
How it affects you and your family
- Plastic can be found in every ocean and waterway on the planet, even in places uninhabited by humans. This toxic garbage is wreaking havoc on marine ecosystems. Unless we take immediate action, the damage will only get worse.
- Ocean Acidification: The Other CO2 Problem
Increased carbon dioxide is changing the chemistry of the earth’s oceans, threatening marine life
- Over the last decade, scientists have discovered that increased CO2 is actually changing the chemistry of the sea and proving harmful for many forms of marine life. This process is known as ocean acidification. A more acidic ocean could wipe out species, disrupt the food web and impact fishing, tourism and any other human endeavor that relies on the sea.
For additional policy documents, see the NRDC Document Bank.
For older publications available only in print, click here.
Sign up for NRDC's online newsletter
Oceans on Switchboard
NRDC experts write about the growing risks to the health of our oceans on the NRDC blog.
Recent Oceans Posts
- NRDC Advocate Named "Hero of the Seas" for Creating Underwater Parks
- posted by Frances Beinecke, 5/15/13
- Top 5 Benefits of AB 521
- posted by Brant Olson, 5/9/13
- A Brighter Blue Budget
- posted by Alexandra Adams, 4/26/13
NRDC Gets Top Ratings from the Charity Watchdogs
- Charity Navigator awards NRDC its 4-star top rating.
- Worth magazine named NRDC one of America's 100 best charities.
- NRDC meets the highest standards of the Wise Giving Alliance of the Better Business Bureau.